Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Lord Is With You...Always


“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8


I love this verse!   I have always had a lack of trust in people – most likely due to my past.  A fear that people would leave me alone.  In a natural “survival” mode, I would not allow people to get close.  I kept my heart guarded, so they wouldn’t know too much about me and wouldn’t be able to leave – not if I pushed them away first. 
 

God has helped me to realize all of this.  And the cool thing was, it didn’t hurt or scare me, it was as if He opened my eyes to a wound that he wanted to heal.  He is the master surgeon.  I had a choice. If I left the wound bandaged and covered up, most likely it would fester with infection and begin to affect my whole body – my whole life.  But to reveal it to him, to allow him an opportunity to look at the sore and clean it, and truly heal it – that is where the healing begins.  In order to do that, I had to trust that God would to what he said he would. 
 

Notice in the verse above what he says.  He says ‘he will’.  Not that he “might” or “when he feels like it” or “maybe”.  He says he will.  There is incredible peace in trusting that God will do what he says he will.  He WILL be with you. He WILL never leave you nor forsake you.  Always and never.  The beginning and the end.  From before time and after.  As far as the east is from the west.  That is the power and strength and ABILITY of our God.  Do you trust him?
 

1 comment: